Bed bugs are a type of insect that feed on human blood usually at night. Their bites can result in a number of health effects including skin rashes, psychological effects and allergic symptoms. Bed bug bites may lead to skin changes ranging from invisible to prominent blisters. Symptoms may take between minutes to days, to appear. Itchiness is common, while some may feel tired or have a fever. Typically, uncovered areas of the body are affected and three bites occur in a row.
Hiring a top-rated bed bug pest control will be a safe way to get rid of all the bed bugs in your home. Don’t risk bringing down the physical and mental health of your family members and have the bed bugs impact their quality of life. Instead, hire the best pest control that treats bed bugs in your area and solve the infestation problem quickly and efficiently.
1. Adult bed bugs are about the size, shape and colour of an apple seed.
2. They hide when you are awake and find clever hiding spots.
3. Bed bugs are literally all over the world, you can’t escape.
4. Bed bugs can survive a long time without food. How long? Try for 5 months.
5. Their feeding patterns are nocturnal. They create a line of bites from the exposed skin up.
6. Female bed bugs lay one to seven eggs per day. Meaning, if they found your bed, it's probably covered in them.
7. Bed bugs feed on your blood to survive, using an anesthetic in their saliva while biting so you don't notice it.
8. It only takes 3 to 10 minutes for bed bugs to feed until they are engorged with your blood.
9. Their breeding habits are horrific. Using the strategy of traumatic insemination, male bed bugs stab the female's abdomen and inject sperm into the wound.
10. A clean home doesn't mean you don't have bed bugs.
11. Bed bugs evolved tens of thousands of years ago to feed on human flesh. Before they were content with other animals, but now they live only for our blood.
12. Even luxury five-star hotels have been infested with bed bugs.
13. Not only can you get disgusting bed bug bites, but you could have an allergic reaction to them. It can cause asthma and anaphylaxis.
14. Bed bugs are hitchhikers and can travel in your suitcase, mattress, pillowcase, laptop case and pretty much anything else they find.
15. They aren't just in mattresses but have been found in subways, theatres and ferries.
16. Bed bugs have been found to spread the deadly and drug-resistant bacterium MRSA.
17. You will know you have an infestation if there are bloodstains on your sheets, dark spots of bedbug excrement or an offensive musty odour from their scent glands.
18. Throwing away your furniture to buy new furniture won't do anything, and your new furniture will just get bed bugs too.
19. Moving away from your house to get rid of bed bugs will only bring the bed bugs with you.
20. Bed bugs could kill you with sepsis (blood infection).
You can easily avoid all those serious problems if you only book a pest control bed bug treatment with Rex Pest Control Services in Sydney and have experienced professionals exterminate all the pests out of your home.